BFC Executive Board Vision Points
In 2013, the Bible Fellowship Church Executive Board created 16 Vision Points for the denomination, designed to give direction and focus for the years ahead. These Visions Points were adopted by the 131st Annual Conference. The goal is for these objectives to be achieved by the 137th Annual Conference in April, 2020. The 16 Vision Points are as follows:
- The BFC will have 75 churches.
At the time of the 131st Annual Conference, there were 65 churches and active church plants. Ten new churches, church plants, or church locations (such as multi-site churches) would make this a reality.
- The BFC will have 2 camps serving the Bible Fellowship Church.
This would include a children’s camp and a family camp. We believe that both Pinebrook Bible Conference and Victory Valley Camp can not only be sustainable but also thrive in their respective areas of ministry.
- The BFC will average 12,000 worshipers weekly.
This would require a 20% increase in seven years.
- The BFC will have 95% of its churches in a healthy condition.
It is up to each church, with or without the help of the Church Health Committee, to be or become a healthy church.
- The BFC will have a Training Center/Denominational Headquarters.
We desire to have a place to call our own that has the facilities, not only to house the staff of the BFC, but also to serve as the central location for denominational meetings, and committees, and also serve as a training center for aspiring pastors and others within the Bible Fellowship Church.
- The BFC will have an Executive Board of which 1/3rd of the members are under 50 yrs old.
We need the maturity and experience of some of our older brethren, but we also need the youth, vitality, and aspirations of our younger brethren. Together, we can transform the Bible Fellowship Church into a denomination that is accomplishing great things for the Lord’s kingdom.
- The BFC will be able to provide financial grants to church plants.
By helping out our newest churches, we will grow this denomination.
- The BFC will be able to provide financial support for the development of pastoral leadership (i.e., pastoral internships).
- The BFC will provide a Denominational Children’s Ministry Director.
- The BFC will provide a Denominational Pastor to Youth.
- The BFC will provide a Denominational Pastor to Seniors within our churches.
- The BFC will provide a Financial Development Office/Director.
- The BFC will have financial reserves for emergencies, contingencies, grants/etc.
- The BFC will provide increased funding for Pinebrook Educational Foundation.
The Pinebrook Educational Foundation provides scholarships to members of the Bible Fellowship Church who are enrolled in a degree-granting institution of higher learning.
- The BFC Executive Board will have evaluated and determined whether to combine the current Board of Missions & Church Extension Ministries into one single Department of Outreach Ministries.
- The BFC Executive Board will have evaluated and determined whether to combine Pinebrook Bible Conference and Victory Valley Camp into one single Department of Camping Ministries with two physical locations.